Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Discipline of Blogging

It has been about 2 weeks since St. John Lutheran Church installed their new pastor and my new partner in the Office of the Holy Ministry. He is a blessing to me. How joyful it was to hear a Christ filled sermon while in the Divine Service. But that is not how I began this piece. My intention was to convey my frustration with my inability to be disciplined in my blogging efforts. Truth be told - I don't often hold my own thoughts to be of value for public consumption - kinda defeats the purpose of blogging - well, as in all things it is simply a matter of discipling oneself to write -- It is not that I don't have opinions about things -- I have an opinion about everything (I'm Irish)! It is with reserved optimism that I will achieve my goal of consistent and substantive blogging. Perhaps this piece was enough to push me over the edge.......................

No comments: